Friday, May 29, 2009

My Friend Linda

I would really like everyone to meet my good friend Linda. We have been friends for about 15 years. To me she is Linda but to all of you she is "Lori's friend Linda no-blog". I really think she should have a blog, she would be really fun to have in the blogging world.

A couple of days ago, I was over to her house for a visit and she let me snap a few pics to share with you. She didn't want to be in them, only her quilts- but I hope she'll forgive me. I wanted you to meet her and her cute smile before you met her quilts!

This is one that she just finished, she put minky on the back. Look at the cute quilting!



I think this little selvedge project that she made and framed is just adorable.


This is a quilt she is working on now. I think those spring colors are so cheerful.




This is another quilt in progress. I always love Linda's fabric choices.







Here is a quilt that she has in her daughter Natalie's room. Gotta love that orange!!






Linda no-blog likes house quilts like me. I really love the flags in this one, don't you?



I adore this quilt. I'm especially fond of circle quilts - this one is gorgeous. The quilting is amazing so I tried to get a few shots that would show it.









This is a quilt that she made as part of a fabric challenge. I'm not sure what all the rules were but this shows you how creative and talented that she is.






She has been quilting for a long time and has so many cute quilts I didn't even scratch the surface. Maybe another time she will let me share more with you
.


I hope you enjoyed meeting my friend Linda. She is so much fun and we always have such a good time when we get together...




post signature

21 comments:

Mary said...

Does Linda quilt her own quilts on a longarm or a DSM. She is too good to be hiding her talents... It took a while for my DD#1 to convince me to BLOG too.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Please tell your very talented friend Linda No-Blog to start a blog. She's very talented and I LOVE her work. I just LOVE the selvedge project too!!!

dream quilt create said...

What a nice tribute to your friend Linda. You must have a lot of fun together! Her quilts are really beautiful. You're right, she does have a good eye for color and pattern and the machine quilting is just as spectacular as her quiltds. I love the cupboard that she stores her quilts in.

Susan said...

Lori, your friend should get a blog and be Linda NoBlog no more. I would love to see more of her expertise in quilt-making. Beg her pretty please.

Betsy said...

spectacular!

Yvette said...

What a shame Linda doesn't have a Blog. Thank you for sharing and be sure to share more later. :)

Nielson said...

I LOVE those colors! And I love that circle quilt too--maybe someday... :). Now that you're an expert blogger, you should just set one up for her :)

Nedra said...

Tell no blog quilt friend Linda that she now has a fan club and must JOIN us! She is a fabulous quilter and we want to see more!

Dawn said...

I'm with Nedra! I had to have my friend hold my hand when I first started blogging...now I love it!! Linda no blog's quilts are stunning!! Does she longarm quilt them herself?

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Great quilt show! Tell Linda I love her style and color.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the pictures, she really does have a lot of beautiful quilts!

Sherri said...

Your friend Linda should definitely start a blog! I love her quilts! Thanks so much for sharing!

Linda said...

Thank you Miss Lori... you are a wonderful friend!
I cannot take credit for the quilting... Cindy Paulsen is my quilter, she is fabulous! Thanks everyone for making my day! :)

Pat said...

BEAUTIFUL work done by Linda No-Blog AND I agree, she NEEDS to have a blog!!! Thanks for sharing her talent with us.

Joyce said...

Linda is my friend too.. she is such a kick.. I love all her quilts! And her stories are as cute as she is.. love the Hot Dog on a Stick story! She is so talented and so are you Lori! I am in total awe!!!

BBB said...

Can we find out what pattern was used for Linda's quilt that had the squares on point done in all the fun fabrics, and that has the cross that goes through the center of the squares???

Ky said...

Hello, a few of us have started a "group blog" for any quilter/fabric artists who don't want the trouble of their own blog or don't think they would post enough to make it worth while. Your friend Linda might be interested in that, it is a place to post pictures of what you are working on, share, get ideas, etc.. anyone who is interested can check it out here: http://sewmanypiecesgroup.blogspot.com/ I love and adore your patterns BTW Lori!!

amy smart said...

I'm so glad you shared these beautiful quilts! That circle quilt is TO DIE FOR. Do you know the pattern info? I love it.

Nanette Merrill said...

First of all thanks for introducing us to Linda. She's adorable. Have her come to your trunk show in Alpine! I'd love to have her come. She NEEDS a blog. I loved her show n tell. Her taste is wonderful and fabulous - just like yours. She needs to be my friend too! Well both of you do. I love her stuff.

Carrie P. said...

I did enjoy seeing Linda's quilts. So much talent.

Sherry said...

Thanks for sharing Linda's quilts. They are all wonderful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails